Anakin -"Ledgands Jedi Knight"
b.6th June 1999 - d.3rd June 2009 Breeder: Mrs Debbie James
To see Anakin's full pedigree - choose the option from the drop down menu.
Sire: Bullpoint Raggamuffin Dam: Bullpoint Country Fair
Anakin was diagnosed with a spinal compression injury in late 2008. After 7 months of treatment, Anakin was laid to rest on 3rd June 2009. He now enjoys eternal sunshine. He will live on in our hearts and memories forever. Rest in peace Anny. xx
Anakin was our first Pointer, our first who joined us in mid 1999 after we visited friends whose Pointer bitch had just had pups - after much debate whether to have orange 'n white or black 'n white, we chose -well you can see what we chose! A beautiful pointer dog - then called Domino Jack something or other!
View >> Anakin's Head Study
Some of Anakin's more notable show wins:
- On Monday 15th August Anakin won 1st Limit Dog at Bournemouth Champ Show and then went on to take Reserve Dog CC. The judge was Mrs Dawn Ingham.
- At Ireland's Tralee Champ Show on Saturday 27th August, Anakin won Limit Dog and then went on to take Reserve Green Star. Many thanks to judge Mr A Zhuk. All week Anakin had been placed well but this topped it all....what a brilliant end to a super week on the Emerald Isle.
- Anakin did really well at the Pointer Club of Scotland's Championship Show on 3rd October 2004 - he won 1st Limit Dog in what was, a very strong class. The Judge was Michael Blake (Blakeshay).
- We were really pleased with Anakin who at the Ladies Kennel Association Champ Show held at the NEC on Saturday 13th December 2003, won 3rd place in Open Dog and therefore gained his KC Stud Book number.
- On 9th November 2002, Anakin won a brilliant 1st in Post Graduate Dog at Gundog Breeds Association of Scotland - the Judge was Cicely Robertshaw and which qualified him for Crufts 2003. What a result!
Here's Cicelys write up from that 2002 show:
"Ledgands Jedi Knight took my eye immediately for his medium size, such a balanced dog with a quality look. Very fine high set ears, deep stop, round eye, nicely turned muzzle, superb coat, looks like a thoroughbred, nice bone, legs & feet, very nice tail and sweep of hindquarters, holds himself well on the move."
Courtesy of and published by Dog World on November 29th 2002 (www.dogworld.co.uk).
Anakin was a lovely, almost regal acting dog who liked nothing more than to be cuddled (lots)- he'd usually be found lying on his masters lap on the settee! In fact being a bit of a tart - any lap would have done!! He was very nosey and always on the wander - either seeking trouble, cuddles or grub! With his preference to rule to roost, he was usually nicking everything that Reebok had. Mind you - he might have been the first to bark at unusual noises, but he was a real softy. He used to sleep inside his big pillow-type bed as he liked to be very snug. Anakin didn't like rain - he used to get under the umbrella with us!!
>> Click Here to see Anakin's photo gallery
Swimming was not Anakin's stroke either - I nudged him into a relatively shallow freshwater stream on holiday in Dorset only to find that he sank straight to the bottom. I had to jump in and rescue him!! Water and Anakin were never as strawberries and cream.